Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Young Sweetie is Complete!!

I finished Young Sweetie on schedule!! Below are some pictures!! I am so delighted with how she turned out that I can't stop looking at her and picking her up!! I think Fred may be a little jealous!! =D


The chocolate apple and ice cream cone before I sewed them on


Do you think she looks like her pattern companion?

Young Sweetie in all her glory!!

Next on the list of things to knit are a bride and groom!! Another Jean Greenhowe pattern! I am a huge fan of hers!! Patterns are easy to follow and always a joy to knit!!

Jean Greenhowe's Bride and Groom
 This pattern is from the Little Gift Dolls pattern book! I have already started the bride! I have her legs, body and head knitted and stuffed and her face sewn on! I am now knitting her arms! These dolls are much smaller than young sweetie so therefore don't take as long! I hope to finishthe bride within a few weeks and hope to be finished both bride and groom by August...although I refuse to state when in August as you might hold me to it! =D

Happy Knitting and Crafting

Helena =D

6 comments:

  1. Oh she is so cute! Well done on finishing her. Looking forward to seeing the completed Bride and Groom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =D You are my first comment..and such a nice comment as well =D =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great. can't wait to see what you do with the bride and groom. Are you planning on knitting any other parts of the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi AoifeLily,
    Thanks for the comment. I'm planning on knitting a Bertie Bassett (liquorice allsorts man) and some jelly babies for the sweet table as well. My mum is going to knit a lace ring cushion for me she has a lovely pattern for one. We are trying our best to make it as personal as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just happened 2 click on one of your posts their and got taken to this. Your work is amazing, I'm loving it. What exactly are you using your pieces 4. Do u just do it 4 yourself. If so u should do it as a little business, your fantastic at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lenni,

    I apologise for not replying to your comment until now. Unfortunately I was in hospital. At the moment the peices I am knitting are for my wedding. Young Sweetie is for the sweet counter reception and the bride and groom are for the cake. I don't usually knit for myself. I always made items for my friends and family as gifts. But I decided a few months back to start making things for myself =D I have never sold anything I have made except at a school entreprise when I was 13. It would be a dream of mine to have my own little business but time is not on my side at present! Maybe some time in the future!! =D

    ReplyDelete