Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The longest gap between posts

So...it's been a while! But a lot has happened, so much in fact that if I began to write I would never stop. Since my last post, I have done very very very very very very (you get the idea) little knitting. Instead I have been wrapped up in the world of wedding planning, hen celebrations, Christmas partys, wedding day jitters and jubilations, honeymoon romance and house hunting. I would like to say that things are quietening down but I am afraid that I would be lying. For those of you who are well acquainted with house hunting...it usually results in then packing up and moving house, which is the next task at hand for myself and my new husband! I guess the easiest way to do this is to write a series of update blogs of the past few months with pictures attached (as pictures are always fun to look at right?). I would really like to write a wedding day report for all of you who followed my wedding day knitting but as I am still waiting to receive our wedding photographs I might just leave it another bit longer so that I can give everyone the full effect of what an amazing day it was (despite some hiccups) =D

But just in case you were wondering...Although I have done very very very very (etc) little knitting, I have managed some. On my needles at the moment is a wonderful rusty red soon to be jumper from a pattern in the Vogue Knitting Fall 2011 magazine! I am really excited about it as it is the first thing I have attempted from Vogue Knitting. It was hard to choose a pattern however, for two reasons. Number 1 was that there were so many I liked and Number 2, the recommended wool appears to be unobtainable in Ireland, not to mention an exorbitant price so I had to pick a pattern which I could as closely match the recommended wool at a reasonable price!

Rib Yoke Topper image from Vogue Knitting Fall 2011
and the Tivoli Tweed Aran I am using to knit it.


Next update: What I got up to on my hen! NOTE TO HUSBAND, DO NOT READ MY NEXT UPDATE!! Just joking hunny! It was all very sophisticated and well behaved! But lots of girly fun, farm antics and nightclub dares!

Happy Knitting and Crafting,

Helena =D




No comments:

Post a Comment