Friday, April 20, 2012

Handmade Manchester United Birthday Card

Hello everyone!! It seems to be a very productive month for up dates! I'm back in the swing of things finally!! So here goes, another blog post on some of the crafty things I have been getting up to!

In February last it was my older brothers 30th Birthday. In May coming it is my dad's 60th birthday. In order to mark these two special occasions our family decided to club together and get them a trip over to Manchester to see Manchester united playing in Old Trafford stadium. Something we knew they would absolutely love! My younger brother organized everything for us so all we had to do was pitch in towards the cost. Of course me being me felt a bit odd at having to do nothing.

A few days before a surprise party organized for my brother's 30th, my younger brother text me asking if I could make up and print off a 'voucher' stating what their present was so we had something tangible to give them at the party. I of course jumped at the chance and got thinking of a crafty way to do this instead of just printing off an A4 sheet of words. A bit of googling later and I came across the following

 http://www.paperthrill.com/2010/03/handmade-manchester-united-birthday.html

I loved the look of this card so got to work designing my own based on this. And this is how it turned out


My dad's Card


My brother's card


I drew the Manchester United crest myself. Many people asked me why, as I could have just printed it. But I wanted it to be more personal than that. Strange I know..as you would think that going to the bother of making the card itself would make it personal enough. I bought the stick on footballs in hickeys of Galway and the 30, 60 and happy birthday stick ons  in the art and hobby shop. The photos are from my older brothers communion 23 years ago. Isn't it adorable that they were wearing matching ties? I apologise for the fuzzy photos, I took them with my phone!




The inside of the card

On the inside of the card I added a photo of old trafford stadium and drew three little bodies to which I attached heads and some stick ons of a football, scarf and trophy (art and hobby shop again).
On the top half of the card is the part telling them what their gift is and again I added more stick ons, as you can see I really dislike stick ons. You can read what I wrote below. I tried to be as inventive as I could given that I understand nothing about football and was terrified I would get some of the wording wrong...I know I know...It's not that difficult but it didn't stop me being paranoid!



The wording on the inside my dad's card


I was so proud with my cards. Needless to say, my brother and my dad also loved them and my younger brother was thrilled as he hadn't expected that at all. Job well done Helena

Hoping to update soon with my finished rib yoke topper (http://helena-ag-cniotail.blogspot.com/2012/02/longest-gap-between-posts.html). I am loving the look of it so far and can't wait to wear it!! Unfortunately I am at the sewing part and as I have mentioned before I ABSOLUTELY HATE SEWING!

Until again,

Happy Knitting and Crafting

Helena =D

No comments:

Post a Comment