Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy pancake Tuesday

Yay!!! It's pancake Tuesday!!!
Mmmmm..Pancakes

 A great excuse to eat pancakes all day...not that I need an excuse. What are your favorite toppings? I am very partial to pancakes with nutella and bananas, strawberries and peaches for breakfast and the fabulous pannekoek schip replicas I made for Valentine's day as a savory treat for later in the day!!

Unfortunately I may not get my pancakes today...I am heading the cinema to see Rango straight after work...


..so I have a scrumptious lunch packed instead...with my homemade carrot cake for dessert...I am hoping it will make up for the lack of pancakes!!

 As well as baking carrot cake over the weekend, I cooked a yummy roast pork dinner for myself and Gareth and his parents (It was there 35th wedding anniversary). It was amazing..if I do say so myself. Bless the cook! =P The leftovers on Monday were just as amazing...just look at the picture below!

Roast dinner leftovers..yum!

 And as well as all that cooking and baking, I cleaned my house from top to bottom and did all the washing and ironing and best of all...still had time for my favorite past time....KNITTING!! I am a domestic goddess!! I think that I should change the name of this blog to......

I once had a friend ask me if I ever sit down and watch TV....of course I do...I am just multitasking it with something else...

Watch TV and knit/sew/craft of some sort
Watch TV and do my ironing
Watch TV and clean the house
Watch TV and update my blog
Watch TV and browse the net
Watch TV and read a magazine..haha...yes I have done this..

I love my TV don't get me wrong..and I am an avid fan of shows such as Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives, Home and Away, Bones, Criminal minds and House. I just can't focus on watching them solely as I get bored easily...I must have a second activity to keep me occupied!! I often fall asleep otherwise! =O

So I guess those of you interested more in my knitting than my ability to do two things at once would like an update on the status of my clown...


Stuffed body standing up

Stuffed Body lying down
Body (not stuffed)

















Her body is complete!! Shes now a faceless, footless, armless blob...but cuddly and cute already!! A stitch marker can be seen just above the neck..this is to mark the centre of the face for when I start her facial features...which will be very soon I hope!!! =D

Unstuffed shoes (bottom shoe is folded)
Above are her shoes (not sewn)...My next task is to sew them up and attach them to her body. The pattern states to use a cardboard cutout sole to stiffen the base of the shoe in order for her to stand. I am actually using interior car panel which I got of my fiance as this is stiffer and means that I can later wash Young Sweetie without the risk of her shoes going soggy!!

Completed Gloves
I also finally took a photo of the finished gloves...and it looks like I might have an excuse to wear them sooner than I think if the wind that is blowing today continues...seems its too early to put away the winter woolies just yet!!!

I hope everyone likes my blog makeover. Please share the love and leave some comments. I have changed my settings so now anyone can leave a comment even if they are not signed up to Blogspot!

Happy Knitting and Crafting

Helena =D

No comments:

Post a Comment